Friday, September 25, 2020

Tribute to SPB Sir.

    In my childhood, my dad used to narrate me few inspiring and motivating short stories of a few legends. But I was not very matured enough to understand those inspiring lives which my dad was talking about, instead, I used to just hear them and keep in my mind. One day, the story was about this great soul Sripathi Panditaradhyula Balasubrahmanyam, very well known as SP Balasubramanyam or SPB. So the short story as per my dad's narration was:


"    In the early days of SPB sir's career, many people started discouraging him because he had a rough voice which people thought would be unpleasant to hear. But now see who he is now. One of the most talented singers in the world who can read and understand music very well. So you don't let any of the discouraging statements to push you down. You just keep doing your work and practice well rest leave to the god."


By Aravind Sivaraj - Own work, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=26049017


As I said, I just heard my dad's narration but felt nothing instead I remembered this short narration. Many such stories I remind myself when I feel low. Few of you know what is my dream, not a final big dream but a small one. Wait, most of you don't know that I dream about making music globally. So, in my childhood, I neither had access to any musical instruments nor to any tutor to learn music. And still, I know that asking my dad to buy a musical instrument would eventually raise up a cool person's blood pressure. So I never asked him regarding that. In my junior college life, I wrote many songs, a few of which were inked down in my diary, a few of them were burned down to ashes and the rest were welcomed by dustbin. 

    And I dreamt to start singing but most of my friends said, " Dude, please don't spoil songs." Initially, I used to take those words to heart and felt discouraged. But that was the time when the short story which my dad narrated in my childhood started making sense. The thing which was stored in one small corner of my brain for almost a decade started to shift slowly to the heart. Slowly I used it as my drug to motivate myself until I had my own philosophies for self-motivation. Yeah, now I do have my own set of motivating lines and works but still that short story remains in my heart inspiring forever.

    I know this is a very short story, just two minutes of narration, but it has more weight in my life. And do you know that even one small inspiring and motivating line would drive us to dream bigger? I don't know how many of you would agree but it happened in mine. I started dreaming big. And because of this story, I started telling my friends those who said that you can't sing, your vocals are bad, "Dude, if you like my song listen and share it or else leave it, but one day I will sing great for sure such that unconsciously you would groove to my music and share yourself." I still know I'm a very bad singer, but for sure I believe that I would bring something new to the music lovers. And I thank my dad for those words and stories and also I would, wholeheartedly, thank this legend to live such an inspiring life.

    To be frank I didn't hear many of his songs, not at least 15 of his songs even. But the songs which I heard just left me speechless. He caught almost all the ears of every human being in 5 decades of his career with his soothing voice. When I started loving his voice, my ears always kept music and lyrics aside. And do you know how many languages he sang? Before revealing the fact, just ask yourself how many languages you know? Out of them how many languages you can speak fluently? On average our answer would be no more than 4 or 5.  Can you believe that SPB sir sang in 16 languages? In fact, I was shocked when I knew that he dedicated his voice and gave life to more than 40,000 songs covering 16 Indian languages. 

    Every human being has death but not for a soul, at least not for this great soul. I'm waiting which form would this soul take and continue his legacy from where he ended.


JAI HIND...!!!




18 comments:

  1. Keep inspiring us mouli.
    I believe that I will definitely get a chance to write same kind of blog for you.
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. And your comment means a lot to me bro❤️😍

      Delete
  2. True! This great man's soul has no death.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely we can see him living like a legend in his songs❤️

      Delete
  3. That was inspiring @moulibheemaneti trust me you are going to rock one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's very inspiring anna ❤but sad to hear the news bro ��

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you bro.. But yeah it's really a sad news.

    ReplyDelete

Accidental Achievement

I don't remember exactly what is the first chapter which I experienced in my life. But one concept or lesson got stuck in my brain since...