Tuesday, September 29, 2020

I'm neither Gandhian nor anti - Gandhian (PART 1)

     Mid of May 2015, my father put two books in front of me, one is "Ramayan" and another one is "The Story of My Experiments with Truth". He said to give a try and read those books. I read Ramayan interestingly, I loved the way of description. And then I started reading another book, autobiography which I'm not a big fan of it. Few might have read to know about this man and few others might have read for a time pass. I get bored by autobiographies. Until this book came into my life Gandhi's autobiography. Sorry if I didn't mention Mahatma before Gandhi, I know, I've intentionally done it.


    Gandhi's life story:

"    Gandhiji dreamt of studying in foreign universities and to work and earn more money. He never dreamt of being a freedom fighter. Until he faced discrimination. Then he opened his eyes just to see our mother India in the hands of Britishers. Later on, he got patriotic and started the revolution against the rulers. He used non-violence as his weapon to win against Britishers. And in many movements like the non-cooperation movement, Civil Disobedience Movement, the Quit India Movement, etc... many great leaders and freedom fighters joined Gandhiji. And finally, we got Independence on 15th August 1947."


    A really great personality, we must stand for two minutes and maintain silence on 30th January of every year. Why? Because he fought for freedom and brought us freedom. Oh yeah... I forgot sorry, he gave us freedom yeah. Then what did Netaji do, was in playing XI for the Indian cricket team? What for Rani Jhansi Laxmibhai gave her life, didn't score good marks in exams? Is Chandra Shekar Azad not a human being? At least anyone remembers his name? Why did these people sacrifice their life?? Was life that funny for those who fought till their last breathe? These questions started luring my brain with some interesting facts.

    For the first time in my history, I started to read something from history to know the history and to link and understand the history behind the silent but sound freedom struggle led by our father of the nation. Those questions were quarreling in my mind for the first position to get solved until I got some lead. I don't remember exactly what happened that day but I was fascinated to know more facts about the world wars 1 & 2. 

    World war 1, a great period where the colonials together fought with the help of their colonized people against other colonials. Britishers who ruled many countries were also part of it. At that time, many rebellious activities and protests took place but Britishers were more powerful, so they suppressed every movement that took place. Rebellions who hadn't shown up to join in the army were tortured. And finally, they had recruited a good amount of people and participated in the war. Yeah, they lost but still, they had the capacity and power to control us and rule us.


       After world war 1 what has changed? Is there anything to do with world war 1 and India's freedom struggles??


I'm neither Gandhian nor anti - Gandhian. Just Mouli... Mouli Bheemaneti


No comments:

Post a Comment

Accidental Achievement

I don't remember exactly what is the first chapter which I experienced in my life. But one concept or lesson got stuck in my brain since...