See your calendar. New calendars take charge of the old hanging calendars on the walls of our houses. Oh sorry, it has been years since you saw a calendar hanging on your wall. Let me remind you what is a calendar...! It is the instrument that we have used with excitement to count the number of holidays left out in our summer or winter holidays in our school days.
And old 365 pages book(diary) gets retirement and a new 366 ones take its charge today. Another new set of seasons is on its way to give us a whole new experience and a new set of memories. Many people who have trained their brains with new resolutions have started implementing them and few of them trying to implement them. And those who didn't fall for this are busy in implementing their regular schedule.
December 31st of a previous year is celebrated with loads of joy and fun. Why? Either because of the year that has given them very bad memories or with excitement that a new year is on its way. Which calendar are we following, Roman calendar, Gregorian calendar or Julian calendar? Do you even know that there is also a Chinese new year, an Islamic new year, etc...? 1st January is the first day of the new year in a Gregorian calendar.
December 31st of a previous year is celebrated with loads of joy and fun. Why? Either because of the year that has given them very bad memories or with excitement that a new year is on its way. Which calendar are we following, Roman calendar, Gregorian calendar or Julian calendar? Do you even know that there is also a Chinese new year, an Islamic new year, etc...? 1st January is the first day of the new year in a Gregorian calendar.
People go on telling others that this is my new year's resolution and I'm gonna do this at any cost this year. But do you know from where did this new year's resolutions come from?? Have you ever wondered, why do we do that? Let me tell you guys a few lines of the history behind this. New year's resolutions date all the way back to 153 B.C. People who belonged to that era, mostly Romans according to history, They took promises to themselves to forgive the enemies for the troubles in the past year. And they also asked for forgiveness of their wrongdoings from the god Janus. Janus, a god of early Rome. According to myths, he had two faces, since people believe that he could see the past and future too. So usually Janus is depicted as having two faces. And according to Roman mythology, January is named after the god Janus. And the Gregorian calendar is the correction of the Roman calendar which in turn is a reformed version of the Roman calendar. Hence the January month remained as it is and everyone celebrates the first day of January as a new year. And since then either it is for stopping a bad habit or to start a good habit, either they are implemented or not, the majority of people talk of their new year resolutions.
And coming to my resolutions, In my life, I have never taken any resolution. I never thought of having a resolution. I loved the way I'm, so I'm happy with what I'm because God gives you what you deserve but not what you want. It's not like I'm not praying God and asking him to fulfill my wishes, I do it.😂
You either take new year resolutions or not, it doesn't matter. All that matters is as a human being let's try to improve ourself and be good to each other. Wishing you a very happy new year, I pray the god to help you in fulfilling your resolutions.
No comments:
Post a Comment