Wednesday, September 4, 2019

RAKSHABANDAN WITH A STRANGER

That was 18 August 2016. I was studying my intermediate second year. Usually, we have morning study hours from 6:30am to 8:30am. I was feeling uneasy, so I came late to college at 8am and I directly went into our mess and had my breakfast. If I'm not wrong, we had Idly at breakfast๐Ÿ˜‚. Then quickly I finished my breakfast and went downstairs, directly into the class and was waiting for my elder sister to come and tie me a rakhi. When I went into the class, almost every boy is leaving the classroom. But girls were there tieing rakhi to our junior lecturers๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. I was sitting on the last but one bench and was practicing some maths problems. Suddenly I heard a girl's voice calling my name. Slowly when I lifted my head, there started a conversation with that strange girl.

SHE : Can I tie you a rakhi?
ME : Yes, you can, if you have no problem.

She got up from her seat and started walking towards my bench. In the meanwhile, I was thinking, why a stranger wants to tie a rakhi to me. I was breaking my head for the answer. But keeping a smile on my face and finally, when she arrived I asked my question.

ME : We never met before, but still, you want to tie me this rakhi. So, Can I know why do you want to tie me a rakhi?
SHE : I heard a lot about you, in a good way. So, I felt like my brother and I thought to tie you a rakhi.
ME : What??

I was shocked and I was wondering that from when did people start talking good things about me?? I was laughing to myself.

ME : Ok fine.

Finally, when she was tieing me rakhi, but I didn't have anything to gift her. I don't know how to tell her. But the thing is that she didn't expect any gift from me.

ME : Thanks a lot.

She smiled and walked away and went to mess for her breakfast.

From then she was not a stranger anymore. She treats me as an elder brother. I used to narrate her many stories, sitting in the last benches, even when the class goes on. Mostly I was the one who made conversation alive when it gets dumb. I tried every possibility to make her laugh because every boy's happiness lies in his sister's happiness.

From such an experience, I remember a quote:-
"Life gives what you deserve not what you want."

5 comments:

Accidental Achievement

I don't remember exactly what is the first chapter which I experienced in my life. But one concept or lesson got stuck in my brain since...